The service elements in quality improvement and assurance are:
- Customer care( Patients and family rights)
- Infection and Prevention control
- Health and Safety.
- In- service Department
- Policy review.
- Community health.
- Quality improvement itself.
All the above mentioned service elements form one big team called the SNHI Quality improvement and Assurance steering team with a total number of 13 members. Some of them are full time on the job and some are coordinating QI services while working in other departments full time.
Each service element has its own team running the service which is in form of committees and they provide specific duties as per their establishment.
5 Main Services
The department ensures the smooth running of the quality improvement services in the whole SNHI (the 62 hospital departments and the 17 clinics) through:
- Formulation of institution quality improvement plan on yearly basis.
- Organization of quality improvement steering team monthly meetings and writing reports.
- Training of SNHI staff on quality improvement concepts with the assistance of partners, MoH and management.
- Assisting and supporting all institution departments in the identifying, development, running and monitoring of quality improvement projects.
- Running of assessments and audits at SNHI departments, eg: General audits, Departmental visits, Clinical monitoring and Management rounds so to improve the quality of care rendered in the institution.